Stats for GoDaddy’s WordPress
- Version 8.1 installed for free (Gnu Public License)
- 21 MBytes
- A single blogging sub domain of DeepCoder
- Only 3 themes (wordpress.com free account has many more)
- auto magic MySQL database (Thank you Installatron)
After a light exploration of customizations for the install, theme, and settings I think we can spend significant time learning WordPress nomenclature and capabilities.
First Code Evaluation
Let us look at what goes into HTML <title> tag which gets placed on a browser tab for our first page.
<title>DeepCoder's WordPress Initial Experience | Explore In Code</title>
- Page title is “DeepCoder’s WordPress Initial Experience”
- Tag line is “Explore In Code”
- Browser tab is “DeepCoder’s WordPress Initial Experience | Explore In Code”
A theme customization form fills in this title tag. The tag line is optional. The page header uses this same information. I don’t like tying the browser tab display to the page heading / sub-heading. Though we have not seen a favicon hook yet, so there may be hope
inside WordPress’s dashboard (hands distanced from code) — else we will have to go deeper in html or php code